I can't believe how quickly June went by! Seems like I was just celebrating C's birthday and now it's already July. Where does the time go? Anyway, C and I had a busy weekend followed by a busy week and now he's back at work and I'm on my own this weekend. I'm going to spend it doing laundry, cleaning and reading. But I will be spending the 4th with our BFFs and I'm looking forward to BBQ, ice cream and fireworks. The Fourth of July just seems to capture the very essence of Summer for me and I always look forward to it.
The social worker we met was a real sweetie. The meeting was brief but the point was made and that is all that matters. I've ordered some adoption books because I am so clueless about it all, especially private adoption. It's so completely new to us and I can't wait to read the books!
Since we are still in the exploration phase of adoption, C hasn't mentioned a thing to his parents. Outside of our friends here in AR, we have only told my parents and siblings. None of our TX friends know, nobody in his family knows and none of my extended family knows either. It's actually quite nice. I kinda like the idea of not saying anything because I really don't want to deal with the comments, questions and remarks. For many reasons but mainly because we are still sorting it all out for ourselves. Thankfully, I have this blog as my outlet!
Now, on to my Friday ritual! I'm grateful for:
* watching our good friend marry his sweet wife
* dancing with C at the reception
* the lazy day I spent with 2 good friends, gossiping and watching a movie
* Mass and then lunch with R, the friend who is helping us with everything
* the cold front that lowered the humidity to such pleasant levels!
* root beer, so refreshing on a hot day
* getting rid of junk on craigslist and ebay
* classic movies that make me smile and yearn for different times
* C, my partner in crime and other half
Happy 4th of July! I hope you all spend it with fireworks, BBQ and loved ones!