April 24, 2011

NIAW and 10 Years from Now

It's National Infertility Awareness Week, this means I get to annoy my FB friends with statuses about raising IF awareness...yay for them! It's always interesting to see who responds and who doesn't, gives me insight to the people I have in my life. You can just really feel the camaraderie among the blogs during NIAW so I hope to blog more this week to add my part and and spread my love and support. Go here to learn more about this week.

Now, on to the blog challenge; day 2 is about where you'd like to be in 10 years. I can barely see past this Summer so imagining 10 years from now is hard for me. Let's see, in 10 years I will be 38 and I will be a mother, those two I know for sure...oh, and I'm pretty sure C will still be my hubby. I would very much like to be living in our forever home back in Texas, probably in the Houston area so we can be close to our loved ones. I hope we will have traveled to Italy, Hawaii, France and the UK by then, sometimes dragging our kid(s) along with us and sometimes leaving them to the safe care of my Mom. I imagine we will lead full lives, filled with activities with the kids, family get-togethers and plenty of stress that all that brings with it.

That's all I got, it's hard for me to imagine the future when it's still so unclear right now. I don't really like living for the future, I like to stay here in the present and deal with life as it comes. Sometimes this is good for me and sometimes it smacks me in the face. I do know that no matter what, 10 years from now, I will still carry IF with me. Not the sting and bitterness that is so prevalent now but rather the scars of that, the memory of how much it hurt and how it almost destroyed me. But with the bad comes the good and I will also carry the strength I gained and the memory of how C loved me through it all, how we got each other through it to the other side. In 10 years, this will all be worth it because our dream will have come true. We will be parents.

1 comment:

  1. I like your picture of your future 10 years from now :) I do know what you mean though - sometimes you just have to take things one day at a time. If you don't, then everything can become too overwhelming. I admire your courage in sharing your situation on FB. I would like to do the same but (1) I don't have the courage and (2) Scott is a very private person and wouldn't appreciate me sharing about our struggle. But oh how I admire you!

    ReplyDelete