April 26, 2011

Day 3 of the Challenge

I like how consistent I am being with blogging every day for the challenge. ; )

Today's topic is my view on drugs and alcohol.

I don't mind alcohol, seeing how I love to drink and do so often, and I don't even mind weed, although I don't smoke it. But everything else? I have huge problems with and hate with a passion. I have a close family member that is a recovering drug addict, a recovering crack addict to be specific. It tore our family apart and it wasn't just their addiction, it was all of ours because we all dealt with the fallout and heartache. It was about 5 or 6 years before they really stopped and these were some of the worst years of my life. It was incredibly hard to get through and I still have a lot of anger and sadness over it.

So, because it's painful I'll sum up my views quickly: drugs are a problem and I hate them. Do I think weed is as bad as crack? No, but a drug is a drug and if you sell it or are found with it, you should be arrested. These things are illegal for a reason, but I would be ok with legalizing weed and taxing the hell out of it. I am just a walking contradiction I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment