October 14, 2010

Feeling Better

Just like that, I snapped out of my funk and stopped snarling at people. I had lunch with my free-thinking hippie friend and used her for therapy, she can always help me see things in a new light. It was a beautiful Fall day, breezy and sunny, so we sat outside and watched the leaves swirling around and we laughed and talked about silly stuff and deep stuff and I left feeling recharged. It was just want I needed. I mean, I'm still sad about my two besties moving away but I have other friends here and my besties are only a plane ride away so I'm thinking I'll survive.

It also helps that I'm keeping busy, I decided to do my Fall deep cleaning this week because I was bored but also because we're having our annual Halloween party this weekend. It's 50's, 60's and 70's themed and I can't wait to see everyone's costumes! I'm going to be a go-go dancer and just love my costume!

So, in honor of my happy mood, I'm doing my grateful list that I've neglected lately and it's a day early but tomorrow will be busy with baking and last minute party errands. This week I'm grateful for:

* pumpkin flavored anything, pumpkin tastes like Fall and family to me :)
* Fall tv, I'm loving Sister Wives, The Big Bang Theory, Ghost Adventures, Real Housewives of Atlanta and of course, Glee!
* breezy Fall days that never warm up above 79
* chilly Fall nights with big bright stars
* sales at my favorite stores, oh how I love Hobby.Lobby, Pier.1 and Kirk.lands
* our new dishwasher! Ours broke last October and I just drug my heels about replacing it until recently, I will never again go so long without either!
* my family, who are all coming for Thanksgiving, usually my big brother and his family don't come so I'm super excited they are this year!
* my super sweet dogs for their endless entertainment
* C, who will be home tomorrow!!

I hope you all have a great weekend filled with all that is good about Fall!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better :) Thanks for sharing your gratitude list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you are feeling so much better! I adore fall too. Have a great weekend!

    PS.. I can't promise fist pumping babies..but we can teach them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better. We all have those days!!

    ReplyDelete