I was feeling down the past couple of days. I finally got confirmation from our new insurance that we don't have coverage for any ART procedures, only diagnostics and corrective surgery. The guy did tell me if our doctor would code the meds right, they could be covered...isn't that funny?! I had been so hopeful because the wording in our insurance packet made it sound like IVF was covered so it was such a letdown. I went to Pan.era and blew my diet by stuffing my face with carbs. I had lost a total of five pounds but gained back two thanks to our Halloween party and my carb-fest. le sigh
To distract myself from my IF sadness, I've been keeping busy with busy work. Making lists of things needed for Thanksgiving, gift ideas for Christmas and researching them online, hunting for new flatware and dishware, new bedding for our master, finding projects I want C to tackle and scheduling doctor appointments now that our new insurance is kicking in. I'm having my wisdom teeth removed November 4th, ouch! I'm also going on a girls trip soon to Dallas, excited about that! Keeping busy so I don't obsess over IF, it's working but it's not, know what I mean?
Anyway, on to my grateful list! This week I'm grateful for:
* a successful Halloween party with a minimal hangover
* video chatting with my family
* Pumpkin muffins...OMG, so good!
* waking up to a thunderstorm after a month of no rain
* getting tons of compliments on my Halloween decor, was dubbed the Queen of Halloween!
* sitting around our chiminea with good friends
* finding little love notes C left for me buried under a pile of crap on my desk
* opening my mailbox to find it stuffed with magazines and not bills
* the support I get from all my online buddies
* my amazing, wonderful, loving, supportive, gorgeous C
Do you know that today is? Today is 11 years since C asked me to be his girlfriend, we were 16 and took every opportunity to make out and dream of our future together. It's both better and worse than we ever imagined but we're also stronger than we ever imagined and love each other more than we ever dreamed possible. I'm so lucky to have him.