November 9, 2010

Percocet is my homie

Wisdom teeth are a bitch, especially impacted ones. I've spent the past few days in a percocet daze and I'm totally fine with that. Although the weekend is really hazy and I might have sent out random texts to people and left inappropriate FB comments. I also might have woken C up in a panic the other night because the green light on our smoke alarm was trying to attack me. Again, I might have done these things.

I guess I might have been popping those bad boys like you wouldn't believe and once the drugged mist settled over me, I loved everyone and everything. I had some whacked out dreams involving all kinds of crazy but they were so vivid that I woke up confused as hell. Luckily, I haven't had any pain pills in two days and am finally starting to come out of the percocet haze.My mouth is still tender and it's hard to eat things that aren't soft and small. Also, I'm totally rocking chipmunk cheeks. I think I look like a bulldog, but no one agrees with me...thankfully!

I promise to pull my head out of my arse soon, probably by Friday so I can post an angst filled update about the baby shower I'm giving Thursday evening. Also so I can cry about the Christmas commercials that make my ute hurt and how I wish we were spending Christmas very drunk on a tropical beach somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you're starting to come out of your drug induced haze :) I have always wanted to spend Christmas in the Caribbean, but I've always been unable to convince DH to do so. I read a really good book about that whole idea last year, Skipping Christmas by John Grisham. It's a funny light read and I recommend it. Hang in there on Thursday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yuck, I had the exact same experience when I had all 4 of my impacted wisdom teeth removed. Percocet crazies and all! Hope you feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete