September 21, 2015

The future

Life has been a whirlwind lately! M's new job is going wonderfully and adjusting to his new schedule has been easier than anticipated. He's off Fridays and Saturdays and since I'm listing the house for sale in December, we spend those two days working on house stuff. So much painting and clearing out closets, drawers, and cabinets! I'm so dreading actually packing everything up but we decided to go ahead and pack up the Spring/Summer stuff since we don't really need it anymore. Our to-do list is a mile long but I know we're get it all done in time, hopefully at least!

It's definitely bittersweet to be leaving this house. On one hand, it's a relief to know I'll soon be free from dealing with XH but on the other hand, I'll miss all the space and potential this house has. I'll also miss having my family living with me! They've been such a blessing, even when we're all cranky about how often the dishwasher is run or someone taking too long to get their clothes out of the dryer! My feelings about this house are complicated, it was the final straw in my first marriage ending but it's also where I healed, started two businesses, and started my life with M.

Speaking of M, we're looking at places. I'm unsure if we'll buy or rent, I'm not finding anything that fits my vision for the future to buy but I dread the idea of returning to renting after seven years of homeowner-ship. I guess we'll see the closer we get to December. I am excited to have privacy with M though! It'll be nice to set up our home together and maybe adopt a couple more pets.

The future is bright and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment