July 8, 2017

SIlence is bliss?

You know that saying about the path to hell being paved with good intentions? Well, clearly it's true. Which is my way of explaining my long absence. Life got in the way and then I would forget or get busy again and then forget again. Oops! But I've missed getting my thoughts out and am going to try and recommit to this ol' thing. Does anyone even still blog? I feel like everyone has left and is on social media. Makes me sad.

Anyway, nothing has really changed. Still engaged, still chugging away with my slow ass Etsy shop and even slower photography. I've temporarily given up on job hunting because it's depressing as hell. I'm tired of being poor though and pray things pick up. Or I win the lottery, which I don't play, or that I get inheritance from a long lost relative...you know, anything that is totally logical and realistic!

M and I were in a car accident about a month ago. We were rear-ended by a school bus, a legit yellow school bus, which did have a couple of high school kids on it. None of them were hurt, thankfully. I ended up with a concussion and M with a hurt back. I've never had a concussion before and it's been a challenge, to say the least. The memory problems scare me, calling items by the wrong name is also concerning, and the headaches are a real downer.

It so happened that the accident occurred on our four year anniversary. Terrific timing, yes? We were running errands before coming home to cook a romantic dinner. Ended up in an ambulance and falling into bed late that night exhausted and sore and hurting like crazy instead. We are very fortunate that it wasn't much worse. My car has already been repaired and I'm thankful for that as well.

It's been a hard Summer, y'all. A real ass kicker. I hope like crazy things turn around soon because I feel like I'm about to lose my ever-loving mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment